Friday, August 27, 2010

Some Progress

Hey all! Within the last couple of days, I've been quilting, sewing, and making ATCs. Like I was talking about in the last post, I've joined several quilt alongs, challenges, and a pledge related to quilting. The first thing I'd like to talk about is my hexagon quilt. It is a charm quilt, which means that every piece is different - each and every fabric used to make a hexagon or even a partial hexagon is going to be unique if I can possibly do so. Here is what I have sewn together so far:



A close up:



And here is a flower that I stitched together to add:



That's that... if ANYBODY wants to send me sewing scraps to add to this quilt, I would be very grateful - It's so hard to find enough scraps to finish this quilt!

The next project that I'd like to show you is my free motion quilt along top that I made. Here is the quilt before I trimmed it up:



And here it is after it was trimmed:



All I need to do now is to find a fabric to use for the backing and then make the quilt sandwich. I also have to buy the darning foot - it's 10 dollars, so I'm hoping I can find SOMEWAY to afford it, but I guess we'll just have to see.

The last thing I'd like to make you guys aware of is my improv quilt - I joined this challenge where for every mile you log into this government exercise site you earn one piece of fabric to use in your quilt. Here are all of the materials that I have chosen to use thus far with the miles I have logged.



The fabric with the leaves on it is the main fabric that inspired the whole quilt, and the one with the pumpkins on it is the second main fabric. With just those two simple prints, an entire idea for a quilt was born. I actually started working on some blocks yesterday and will continue to work on them throughout today. Tomorrow I will probably post my progress. See you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment